Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Blues BBQ in Venice, CA

Rating: You Should Go 

We were lucky to have friends take us to this hidden treasure. Baby Blues BBQ is probably the first time I've eaten at a place that would probably be considered a dive, and I loved it. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives for it's delicious BBQ, which is so good that it
really doesn't need sauce (although they have quite a variety to choose from). Platters (with 2 sides and corn bread) are between $14 and $32, but come with a good amount of food. Nate and I got the "California King" (tri-tip) platter with mac n' cheese and mashed sweet potatoes, along with a half order of pulled pork on the side. That was the perfect amount of food for us. I wasn't crazy about the mashed sweet potatoes. They tasted great, but reminded me too much of jar baby food. The mac n' cheese was incredible, along with the corn bread and meats. I really didn't need any BBQ sauce on them and they were so tender. The service was super fast (I never had a glass that was more than half empty) and friendly. We will definitely go back when we're in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment