Friday, September 21, 2012

Kaladi Brothers Coffee in Anchorage, AK

Kaladi Brothers' Bar
Rating: You Should Go

Our friend Thomas, who grew up and still lives in Alaska, showed us around on our last day in Anchorage, so we got the insider scoop on a lot of things. One of those was Kaladi Brothers, a local coffee house committed to quality coffee. Nate and I aren't coffee drinkers ourselves (the caffeine is a problem for me and
Nate doesn't like the taste), but I do like other things, like my Alaska chai tea latte. The prices are about the same as Starbucks, and so is the selection. The ambiance in the place is what you would expect, with people using the free wi-fi, reading books, or chatting. I really liked the sign above the bar which was made out of found objects (as pictured above). The best thing about the location we went to was that it was attached to a used book store called Title Wave. Nate and I are obsessed with books, so this place was the perfect combo of relaxation and entertainment. They have a huge selection of books at very good prices. If that kind of thing is up your ally, I'd definitely say make a stop here. Even if you're not into books but you like coffee, it's always good to support the local businesses, so give Kaladi Brothers a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment