Thursday, March 1, 2012

Capri Deli in Covina, CA

Rating: You Should Go

Capri Deli is another Yelp find. We were driving home from a photo shoot and wanted to stop for dinner somewhere we knew the food would be good. When we drove up, it looked like a store-front deli. It has lots of old-timey bottled sodas for sale, as well as pasta (both uncooked and frozen pre-made dishes) and other dry goods. I thought you just ordered your sandwich and took it to go until I saw the seating area
in the back. We ordered grinders (I got a pastrami french dip and Nate got a meatball grinder). Along with chips and 2 bottled sodas, the total came to $20 for the two of us. We got the small sandwiches, which were stuffed with meat and about 9 inches long. It was plenty of food (so much I had to take half of mine to go). The meatball grinder was a little better than the pastrami dip I had. I'd go there again and probably try different things on the menu. It's a cozy, family-owned little shop that I would definitely visit again.
The seating area.

No comments:

Post a Comment