Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tropical Mexico in Pomona, CA

Us in front of Tropical Mexico
Rating: You Should Go

Nate and I actually heard about this place when we attended a memorial service for our friend's husband last year. Everyone who spoke about him mentioned his favorite restaurant, Tropical Mexico. It wasn't until my brother and sister-in-law invited us to go that we actually went. It's a decent sized place in the middle of nowhere. Even though I grew up in the area, I had never been to the part of town where this place is located. We went on Taco Tuesday. They offer chicken,
carne asada, and carnitas tacos on their $1 taco menu (along with a regular lime margarita for $3.50 if you like those). I had one of each taco and found the carnitas taco was my favorite (I didn't care for the chicken at all but the asada was fine). The prices are as great as the food (especially on Taco Tuesday). I would recommend getting 3 tacos and a side of rice and beans ($1.75 each) to make it a filling meal. This is a place that might become a regular for us.
Here's what to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment