Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Umami Burger in Los Angeles, CA

Rating: You Should Go

A friend of ours in Los Angeles was kind enough to take us to this little piece of heaven. Umami is a small, upscale Hawaiian-style burger place with only a few locations in and around Los Angeles. Like In-n-Out, its menu is simple and perfected. Honestly, I don't remember which burger I got except it had another type of meat on top of it (I don't see it on the online menu). Nate got the SoCal
Burger and a Mexican Coke (made with real sugar, his favorite). We also got 3 sides to share: shoestring fries, sweet potato fries, and cheesy potatoes (not on the menu but they had it when we asked). They only sell bottled sodas, and Real Sodas (because I had to ask) is a brand name. Basically, name a fruit flavor or root beer and they have a soda for that. Everything was AMAZING! The best burgers I've ever had, and I'm not a restaurant burger fan. One of the best parts is all of the dipping sauce options. My suggestion is to try all of them and decide for yourself which are your favorites. The prices match the quality of the food but aren't too expensive. Burgers range from $10-$12, sides around $4, and sodas are $3. Basically, you leave paying around $20 a meal, but the atmosphere and food are definitely worth it. I can't wait to go here again.

The delicious "U" branded SoCal Burger.
Note: There is "valet" parking for their own parking lot (heck, it is Los Angeles) that's only a few dollars ($3-4 I think). Otherwise you have to find parking on the street or in another lot. Also, the place is so small you'll probably have to eat outside. I do not like the cold but it was so nice in late November with their heaters going that I could even take off my jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment