Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Super Sandwich in Montclair, CA

Rating: You Might Like It

I heard about Super Sandwich from my mother-in-law. Since I want to try little restaurants around where we live now, I stopped by. It's the kind of place that I probably wouldn't notice just driving by, even though it's right on a main street. It's really clean inside and there's a
decent amount of seating for a place the size of a donut shop. I didn't know what to order, but the owners were really nice. They gave me a menu, asked me to sit down, and told me to take my time. I browsed the menu. The interesting thing about this place is that it has Asian-style sandwiches on French baguettes. It's a strange combo but a tasty one. They also have bowls and other dishes to choose from. I heard someone who seemed like a regular customer order the beef sandwich, so I ordered the same. I got a regular american turkey and cheese for Nathan. The sandwiches are only $3-$4 each. I also got a Thai Tea with Boba, which was only $3. The food was good, although the beef sandwich came with these little peppers that were way too spicy for me (I'd recommend ordering it without those if you don't like spicy). Whether or not you'll like this place really just depends on how much you like Asian dishes (especially Thai meats). All in all it was a good experience and I'd go back to try something new.

1 comment: