Friday, May 11, 2012

Aruffo's Italian Cuisine in Claremont, CA

Rating: You Should Go

Aruffo's is another place we went to celebrate my birthday. We went on a Friday night and it was packed, but we had made a reservation and got in right away. The atmosphere was nice and cozy - a lot of little (and some very big) tables of families and friends eating and talking, surrounded by brick walls, Italian-style art, and
wine bottles. I don't think there was any ambient music because all the talking made the place loud enough.

The service was very good (even though one of us accidentally got a lunch menu which offers paninis that they don't serve at dinner). I ordered the Tortellini Della Mama and was recommended a wine by our waiter, both of which were very very good. The tortellini was light (not too heavy with butter or anything) but filling. I honestly don't remember what everyone else ate because I was enjoying mine so much, but I do remember that everyone liked their food (even my dad who is especially picky about restaurant food).

The restaurant is a little expensive ($15-$20 a plate) and the parking can be difficult in Claremont Village (we found a spot behind a bank after-hours). The food was well worth it, though, and the atmosphere was very fun. I would go there again.

The view from our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment