Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Taco Hut in Ontario, CA

Rating: You Might Like It

To be honest, Taco Hut never seemed very appealing to me when it opened. I thought it was a mix of Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. I had an old friend recommend their taco Tuesdays to us, so we decided to check it out. The inside is actually a lot cuter than I thought. It's cozy and
not too crowded with all the tables they have in there. You seat yourself and then a server takes your order. You can also order to-go at the register or call in an order to pick-up. We just sat and ate at the restaurant.

The tacos are $0.99 on Tuesday (chicken or beef). They also have a "gringo taco" with guacamole and sour cream for $1.99 and a fajitas taco for $2.99. The regular price for a single taco is between $2.50 and $5. I got a chicken taco and a gringo taco, and both were a good size (not tiny like some $1 tacos). The chicken tastes rather plain and the taco comes with just lettuce and tomato. I was not a big fan of either of the tacos, but Nathan liked them (he tends to like things that are a little more bland). The food wasn't bad, though, and the bottomless chips you get when you sit there were really good and warm. It's worth going on a Tuesday but I probably wouldn't pay full price.

Chicken Taco (left) and Gringo Taco (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment