Friday, May 11, 2012

Bert and Rocky's Cream Company in Claremont, CA

Rating: You Should Go

Bert and Rocky's is a little ice cream parlor on the corner of one of the blocks in Claremont Village. My family went here after Aruffo's (again for my birthday celebration). It's a mix of a candy shop and ice cream parlor. For ice cream, they have 4 cases filled with flavors and can make
cones, shakes, floats, etc.  My brother and I shared a vanilla malt which was delicious. Nathan got a double scoop of whatever ice cream had the word "chocolate" the most times along with some fun candy toppings.

The line was long and a little confusing. We thought you stood in line and moved up until you reached the next available employee (sort of like at a bank), but other people seemed to think you should clump around one employee until you made it to the front. I'm not really sure. Either way, after about 15 minutes it was our turn to order. The people were very friendly, even when it was so busy. The guy helping us even agreed to divide our malt into separate cups without complaint. The desserts are a little on the expensive side (averaging $5 each), but they are very good and I love the chance to support a local business. I would definitely recommend stopping by if you're in the area.

Nate's "worms in mud"

No comments:

Post a Comment