Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail in Claremont, CA

The View Point
Rating: You Might Like It

I went on the Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail with a group of friends last August. I tend to like trails that take me through woods and streams and have a lot of shade, so this was not my favorite. It's a 5 mile loop on a very wide and well-worn path. There is very little shade, so this is a good trail to take on cool
days or during cool parts of the day. There are also a lot of people who walk this path, which is good if you don't like feeling secluded, but I prefer to enjoy nature away from crowds when I can. There's a lookout spot at the top of the path a little more than half-way (if you take the path to the right when you first start out). There is a covered sitting area that gives you a rest from the sun while you look out over the valley. The only bathrooms are some porta-potties at the beginning of the trail, so be prepared to go at home or there if you ever need to go at all. This has some pretty steep ups and downs and will get you in shape if that's what you're looking for. If you're looking for something scenic, though, I wouldn't recommend this trail.

The beginning of the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment