Monday, August 23, 2010

Our First Trip to Vegas - Food

Cheeseburger Las Vegas in the Miracle Mile Shops - You Should Go
The first day we arrived in Vegas, we ate at Cheeseburger restaurant.  It was really hard to find with our GPS, but if you go inside the Miracle Mile Shops and follow the map you'll find it easily.  I don't know if it was the burgers themselves or the fact that I hadn't eaten since 11 that morning and it was 9:30pm by the time
we ate here, but I really enjoyed the food.  I had a Teriyaki Pineapple Cheeseburger and Nate had a Bacon Cheeseburger.  The burgers were big enough to be filling (along with a basket of fries that we shared between the four of us), but not so big that we couldn't finish them.  The only thing that was a little odd was sitting in the "patio area", which was basically sitting right next to the walkway of the Miracle Mile Shops.  I usually wouldn't be excited about people watching me eat, but that night I was too hungry to care.  The service was good (although I wish they would have brought the fries out before the rest of the food) and the food was reasonably priced for Vegas (about $10 a burger).  We would definitely go back.

Le Village Buffet at Paris - You Should Go
 The second place we ate dinner at was Le Village buffet.  I had been there once before but was too full to eat anything so I was really looking forward to going again.  The inside of the buffet looks like a bunch of little shops and they serve different types of food at each.  They have foods from the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had to duck and crab.  The most popular were the crepes, but the line was too long for my liking so I'll have to assume those were good as well.  The food was all delicious.  There was nothing I got that I didn't love.  Although the buffet is a little expensive if you're used to Hometown ($25 a person for dinner), it is well worth it.  They also offer a 24 hour buffet for $54 a person which we are seriously considering for next time.  If you decide to go, however, you should expect to wait at least an hour in line before being seated.  It's also good to know that you do not get your own drinks here.  I very helpful "waiter" will take your drink orders and give you any necessary utensils, as well as clear away any plates that are left unattended (so be careful if you're just getting up to use the restroom).

Round Table Buffet at Excalibur - You Might Like It
We didn't get a chance to take any pictures here (which I'm starting to think we do subconsciously when we're not particularly fond of a place).  If we hadn't had amazing food at the Le Village Buffet, I think I would have been more satisfied with this one.  We got the all day buffet ($30 a person) and ate here for brunch and dinner.  There's nothing special about the ambiance, just a regular buffet.  The place was clean and the lines weren't long.  The breakfast was good, although a little cold because we came at the end of breakfast time.  When dinner came around, I was extremely hungry (this time from walking all the way up the Strip and back), but there were some foods I picked out that just didn't taste good and I had to leave them on my plate.  I found enough good food to fill me up, with the help of some dessert, but it wasn't great.

1 comment:

  1. I looked for this place when we were there on our trip to Boise, but I didn't see it. Oh well, I'll have to eat awesome cheeseburgers another time.

    ReplyDelete